Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.– Marian Wright Edelman
There are many pathways to careers, and ways to gain access to relevant university courses, TAFE and other qualifications. Completing year 11-12 in any state or territory in Australia is but one of those pathways.
Here are a few of those entry doors:
- Distance education and curriculum providers may provide completion certificates
- Tertiary preparation courses
- TAFE courses
- Open University units
- Scholastic Aptitude Test
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test or STAT results
- Alternative entry schemes and programs which are provided by the universities themselves
- Professional/paraprofessional qualifications
- Employment experience
For detailed information on the various pathways offered by universities across Australia, click on the links below.
For more information read the following blog posts to help navigate your very own pathway to the tertiary education you want to pursue.
- 1. Alternative Pathways to Tertiary Education A general overview of many of the options.
- 2. Alternative Pathways to Tertiary Education A focus on Tertiary Preparation Courses.
- 3. Alternative Pathways to Tertiary Education Open university or sitting an exam.
- 4. Alternative Pathways to Tertiary Education Apprenticeships, TAFE courses and how to choose the right university for you.
To stay up to date with the latest information for home educated students or alternative education student pathways don’t forget to subscribe to Ed Consult.
Ed Consult. Supporting Home Educators Across Australia.